Chris Granicolo, Howl Staff
With the onset of March and all the school-related hell it brings upon us, students will have to choose between getting an extra hour of studying or hitting the gym.
Today’s edition features 2 simple exercises that you can do in your dorm room quickly and effectively.
1. Shopping Bag Bicep Curl
I know students living in Woodsworth residence have to do their own shopping, so this exercise should be easy to accomplish.
What you’ll need:
1. 2 shopping bags, preferably those black ones you pay a dollar for that are way stronger then plastic ones.
2. some weight for the shopping bags, a few full cartons of juice or some heavy textbooks.
1. Grab each bag firmly.
2. With your elbows at your side, curl the bags up one arm at a time so your arm makes a 90-degree angle.
Do approximately 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps to get those forearms and biceps bulging!
2. Shower Calf Raise
For students in a rush without a minute to spare: you can now make showering a workout too!
What you’ll need
1. A shower
2. A good song to sing whilst showering.
1. While lathering soap onto your body or singing that tune, plant your feet firmly on the ground.
2. Now raise the back portion of your foot up as you put all your weight on the balls of your feet.
Do 3 sets of 20-25 reps, and you will feel a burn in your calves.
This is unfortunately that time of the semester when you start to slack with your physical exercise and choose to hit the books instead. These two quick and easy workouts, coupled with a healthy diet and those legendary ab work outs mentioned in previous columns, will help you on your quest to get the perfect bod!